1.01.2011

2010: Year in Review

2010 was a big year for me reading-wise:
  • I set a new personal record (since complete records were started in 2007) in terms of numbers of books/pages read. Below is a complete list of all books I read to completion, with links to reviews for those that have them.
  • I resurrected this blog, and transitioned it into a 'truer' bookblog than the word-stash it'd been before.
  • I discovered the entirely amazing world of bookbloggers, and have made some new friends!
  • I entered - and completed! - my first ever reading challenge.
  • I revisited one of my earliest reading experiences, the Little House on the Prairie books, and in the process rediscovered quite a bit about myself.
  • I learned just how much I really love fairy tales.
  • Jane Austen is pretty much a favorite too.
So, after such a 'big' 2010, what does 2011 hold? Hmm ... I hope to get better about actually getting my reviews posted. To do this, I'm going to start exploring further all the news bells & whistles Blogger has added since I starting blogging, like scheduled posts. (Okay, so maybe I'm discovering these a little slow ... but we all have to have some area of weakness, right?). I don't know how many challenges - if any - I will join this year, but I'm not opposed to them. I am going to concentrate on reading the things I love -- following the reading trails I stumble upon, whether it's reading everything by an author or every variation of a particular story I can find. I want to read more of the books I see on others' blogs. I would love to make a serious dent on my To Read list, which is currently growing faster than I can read. I'm going to sit back and see where the year takes me. Care to join me on the ride?

January 2010
- Going Rogue: Sarah Palin (408)
- Knit the Season: Kate Jacobs (238)
- Little House in the Big Woods: Laura Ingalls Wilder (238)
- Little House on the Prairie: Laura Ingalls Wilder (335)
- Farmer Boy: Laura Ingalls Wilder (372)
- On the Banks of Plum Creek: Laura Ingalls Wilder (339)
- By the Shores of Silver Lake: Laura Ingalls Wilder (299)
- The Long Winter: Laura Ingalls Wilder (335)
- Little Town on the Prairie: Laura Ingalls Wilder (307)
- These Happy Golden Years: Laura Ingalls Wilder (289)
- The First Four Years: Laura Ingalls Wilder (142)

February
- Family Trust: Amanda Brown (319)
- Ice: Sarah Beth Durst (308)
- Once Upon a Marigold: Jean Ferris (266)
- Twice Upon a Marigold: Jean Ferris (297)
- The Princetta: Anne-Laure Bondoux (430)
- Holly Would Dream: Karen Quinn (419)

March
- Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter: Lisa Patton (308)
- Dairy Queen: Catherine Gilbert Murdock (275)
- The Off Season: Catherine Gilbert Murdock (277)
- Front and Center: Catherine Gilbert Murdock (254)
- Mississippi Jack: LA Mayer (611)

April
- The Irresistable Henry House: Lisa Grunwald (407)
- My Boyfriends' Dogs: Dandi Daley Mackall (265)
- Lucia, Lucia: Adriana Trigiani (260)
- Jane Austen's Guide to Dating: Lauren Henderson (277)
- Wedding Season: Katie Fforde (424)

May
- Waiting for You: Susane Colasanti (320)
- Sweet Little Lies: Lauren Conrad (309)
- The Alpha Bet: Stephanie Hale (232)
- The Cranford Chronicles: Elizabeth Gaskell (484)
- The Cinderella Society: Kay Cassidy (322)
- Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots: Abby McDonald (293)
- The Summer I Turned Pretty: Jenny Han (276)

June
- Spoken from the Heart: Laura Bush (432)
- Wish: Alexandra Bullen (323)
- Dreaming of Dior: Charlotte Smith (292)
- Wedding Season: Darcy Cosper (340)
- Odd and the Frost Giants: Neil Gaiman (118)
- Princess Ben: Catherine Gilbert Murdock (344)
- A Song for Summer: Eva Ibbotson (397)
- Android Karenina: Leo Tolstoy & Ben Winters (538)
- Tammy: Adventure in Hollywood: Alice Wellman (214)
- It's Not Summer Without You: Jenny Han (277)
- The Bad Queen: Carolyn Meyer (420)

July
- Cleopatra's Daughter: Michelle Moran (422)
- Someday My Prince will Come: Jerramy Fine (305)
- Portion of the Sea: Christine Lemmon (422)
- After the Kiss: Terra Elan McVoy (382)
- The Cupcake Queen: Heather Hepler (242)
- Runaway: Meg Cabot (310)
- Persuasion: Jane Austen (283)
- Ice Land: Betsy Tobin (354)

August
- Everlasting: Angie Frazier (329)
- Heist Society: Ally Carter (287)
- Commencement: J. Courtney Sullivan (324)
- Lowcountry Summer: Dorothea Benton Frank (340)
- My Name is Memory: Ann Brashares (324)
- Girl in Translation (290)

September
- The Cookbook Collector: Allegra Goodman (394)
- Dear George Clooney, Please Marry My Mom: Susin Nielsen (240)
- Stars in the Night: Cara Putman (320)
- The Daughters: Joanna Philbin (275)

October
- Mini Shopaholic: Sophie Kinsella (418)
- The Wide-Awake Princess: ED Baker (261)
- Emma: Jane Austen (422)
- Mr Knightley's Diary: Amanda Grange (294)

November
- Embers of Love: Tracie Peterson (351)
- The Darcys Give A Ball: Elizabeth Newark (156)
- The Mermaid's Mirror: L.K. Madigan (310)
- Life After Yes: Aidan Donnelly Rowley (340)
- I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend: Cora Harrison (345)
- Sugar and Spice: Lauren Conrad (279)

December
- Jane: April Lindner (369)
- Pegasus: Robin McKinley (404)
- Russian Winter: Daphne Kalotay (459)
- Beauty: Robin McKinley (247)

Total: 76 Books, 25128 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment